When you book a holiday? Do you feel like you could fly tomorrow? Or do you stress out, write lists and still forget things!
Haha yup that’s me! I can write lists for years! I highlight things off, tick them and cross them out. You name it, I do it. So this time we booked our holiday 10weeks in advance and trust me this is advance for us! Last time we booked Vegas with 4weeks to go can you imagine the stress? The lists? Oh gosh! Anyways, back to this holiday. I’m currently sitting on the beach with the ocean whispering in my ears and a sea salt breeze grazing my skin. The sun is around 26 degrees so the stress was worth it.
You see the difference with a European holiday to an American holiday is very different. I barely pack a thing for America as I buy pretty much everything there! Who doesn’t love a trip to Walmart! We are obsessed with the outlets too! But in sunny Spain – Fuerteventura you are limited. Yes, there is a Zara, Bershka, Stradivarius and your typical tourist shops but it’s nothing to shout about.
You end up wearing the same clothes a couple of times.
So, my tips to you on how not to get stressed are
1. Get a Travel Iron – Don’t waste your time ironing all your clothes before you go away, they will be creased when you open your case.
2. Only take enough shampoo/ conditioner and creams etc that you need. I bought some travel sized bottles from Primark to do the job! £1.50
2. Makeup – take a palette. I brought my Soph revolution eye palette with me. Luckily there is a black as I forgot my eyeliner.
4. Don’t forgot your iPhone jack if you are lucky enough to have a newer iPhone bring the jack!! As you can’t use your Bluetooth selfie stick otherwise – dumbass here forgot! So I won’t let you forget! You are welcome! 🙌🏼
5. Nail varnish – the sun, sea, pool and whatever can sometimes ruin your nails. 2 of my toenails haven’t held on my Gels, so now I look silly but hey ho, who cares? Not me!
6. Bring snacks with you. Your favourite chocolate or biscuits are triple if not quadruple the price in Europe. Say what? I know! for the sake of a couple of quid in Asda back at home, Stock up! Even packet pasta n sauce or rice packets. Something easy and quick to make. TRUST ME you won’t regret it. We’ve really struggled with the food here. It hasn’t been the best.
7. Bring your own tea and coffee unless you need a caffeine break!
8. Bring a travel sized bottle of fairy liquid. If you have a kitchenette you will have to wash your own dishes. – I did find the most amazing washing up sponges here! 2 for €0.75 bargain! Haha. Definitely showing my age! 🤦🏼♀️
9. Travel plugs – bring a couple. We accidentally brought one EU plug and one USA plug, oops! So we had to go buy one which knocked us back €2.20 not too bad but could have been avoided.
10. Water bottle – buy a huge 8litre bottle of water form your local supermarket, fill smaller bottles and freeze them for through the next day/ night time. Water can be expensive when you buy little bottles so you can reuse them. After all too much plastic is bad for the environment. Avoid spending too much and freeze your own bottle to take with you when your out and about in the glorious sun. ☀️
Do you have any tips?
Let me know!
Thanks for reading!