#FF is a bit hit on Twitter every FriYAY! Casually having a conversation with Helen
who I’ve met through the blogging community. May I point out she’s super supportive! Thanks 🙌🏻 I had this idea spring to mind.Why not write a short Top Tips guide for surviving in this awful cold weather, that’s hit us here in the UK!
First of all, us Brit’s aren’t used to it. Everything goes caput. Businesses close. Accidents increase, it’s absolutely awful.
Facebook is covered in stories, the majority being bad. The main message currently is ‘Only Travel if necessary!’ Now, I’ve still had to go to work but “luckily” for me, I live close to where I work *rolls eyes* Wahoo 😩
So, today on my day off, I classed this as my “Snow Day”. The Beast from the East has caused a lot of disruption when it met Storm Emma for a cuppa, but I wanted to try get some nice photos. So, we went out for a little while today when it was calm. My face felt like Jack Frost was eating me alive. It was So cold! -3 but it felt like -11 so the weather reports say.
So with my fellow Bloggers ( click on the photo to view their Blogs)
I asked what’s your Top Tips to survive these conditions and you said:
I absolutely agree!!! Some great tips here!
- Stay warm – wrap up and layer up
- Have hot drinks throughout the day
- Use your hot water bottle, neck warmers, hand/feet warmers
- Wear fluffy socks
- Waterproof footwear
- Earmuffs, hats, gloves, scarfs – Don’t forget!
- Eat tasty food
- Find all blankets you own and use them all at once
- Watch a movie
- Only travel if necessary. Keep up to date with the latest travel information around you in your area.
- Be Safe! Help who you can at this time. Whether this be a friend, family member or someone who is homeless.
What’s your best tip??
Leave it in the comment below!